Nexans is a global player in energy transition. Our purpose: ELECTRIFY THE FUTURE. For over a century, Nexans has played a crucial role in the electrification of the planet. With around 25,000 people in 42 countries, the Group is leading the charge to the new world of electrification: safer, sustainable, renewable, decarbonized and accessible to everyone. In 2021, Nexans generated 6.1 billion euros in standard sales.
For more information, please visit www.nexans.com
- Responsible for strengthening the organization through the development of its people, structure, processes and practices.
- Responsible for deploying & coordinating the Site HR roadmap (social transformation, employee engagement, skills management, recruitment, training, etc.), the Group policies and programs (Compensation & Benefits, Talent, diversity, NRP, etc.) at site level, in line with Nexans HR and business strategy.
- Provides support in all functional areas of human resources management, meeting legislative requirements and the achievement of business goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Business & HR transformation
- Contribute to the business strategy of the Site
- Translate & coordinate Site HR vision
- Communicate & lead the change management’s actions to support the Site vision
- Follow the HR KPIs
- Report monthly to Management Team on headcount and absenteeism. Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly HR data via Zoom.
- Responsible for the administration of benefits plans and compensation. Maintain & update information in the HR system and benefit carrier portal.
- Evaluate HR system and policies to ensure effectiveness.
- Manage early and safe return to work program (ESRTW) to control WSIB and disability claim costs.
- Coordinate validation of position requests. Start and manage recruitment process
- Lead the interview process, supporting interview Team in the decision process
- Evaluate and promote diversity in recruitment.
- Negotiate compensation packages and prepare offer letters
- Conduct onboarding – communicate Company policies & procedures (benefits, payroll, etc.)
- Maintain HR system with new hire data
- Participate in process and decisions regarding increase/decrease in staffing – i.e. terminations, lay-off, etc.
- Administer off-boarding processes (HR system, payroll, pension, benefits, exit interview)
- Ultimately responsible for accurate and timely processing of weekly hourly payroll for approximately 190 employees
- Maintain current data in HR system relating to rate of pay, position, position entry date
- Review and approve weekly import of data from HR system to payroll system
- Remain current with payroll legislation
- Remain current and understand payroll software system to be able to process a payroll run
- Evaluate payroll system and policies to ensure effectiveness
- Coach & mentor Payroll Coordinator/Office Administrator
Training & Performance
- Support and drive processes regarding leadership/career management
- Assist in identifying competencies/skills gap analysis for the Site and provide solutions / avenues for resolution
- Support Site Managers in the performance process, ensure all employees have a performance review and provide support with development plans
- Maintain organized records of employee transfers, absenteeism, vacations, seniority lists, discipline, probationary periods and update employee files as required
- Ensure Training Tracking System (TTS) is maintained, follow up with outstanding training plans, and monitor the effectiveness of training.
- Act as a resource for training needs ensuring employees receive the necessary training to increase their knowledge and improve job performance, ensuring ISO 14001 certification.
- Help define local succession planning and career planning
Work environment, social relations & employee engagement
- Member of the Management team that negotiates with the Union to develop a collective agreement
- Responsible for administrative tasks during CBA negotiations and for communicating changes and updates to concerned parties (Benefits, pension, payroll, Supervisors/Managers, etc).
- Attend Union Management meetings, prepares Minutes and distributes
- With Management Team, evaluate and address grievances
- Remain current with government legislation and provide assistance in the interpretation to deal with employee issues (harassment, discrimination, and working environment) in the appropriate legal manner.
- Be a consistent and trusted resource for all employees.
- Provide answers to employee questions and deal with complaints regarding benefits and compensation (retirement, WSIB, health care, etc) in a timely manner to resolve issues and ensure a positive work environment and Company reliability.
- Manage WSIB legislated requirements including requests for accommodation.
- Act as a relay and is responsible for internal communication with employees regarding Company vision, business events, Group programs, initiatives, ..)
- Responsible for external (Yammer, etc) communication of Site events
- Organize at Site level and deploy the Nexans Living Voices survey. With the Management team, analyze survey results, communicate results and develop/define action plan(s) for the Site.
- Plan, organize and attend employee anniversary recognition awards event
- Plan and Organize employee events, that will allow for all shifts to participate, in an effort to maintain/increase employee morale/engagement
- Ensure our Corporate Social Responsibility is maintained and provides local benefits.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Progressive HR career (i.e. generalist) plus 5-10 years HR Manager experience in a Manufacturing environment. Unionized environment experience a definite asset.
- CHRL designation
- College Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources Management
- Payroll experience, ADP WorkForce Now a definite asset
- Good business acumen and a strategic thinker
- Effective communicator and coach, with proven change management skills
- Effective time management and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and independent problem solving ability
- Leadership skillset with the ability to gain credibility with all levels of employees
- Wants to be part of a Team
At Nexans, we recognize the differences that make each employee valuable and unique. The diversity of experiences, origins, personalities, gender and disability are considered key to our global ambition to lead the world in energy transition towards a sustainable planet. This is why we encourage diversity in our recruitment - Bring yours to Nexans, it is welcome!