Human Resources Manager
- eHealth Centre of Excellence
- Kitchener, Ontario
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- Closing date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Job Level
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
- CHRP, CHRL
The eHealth Centre of Excellence (eCE) develops, implements, and advances digital health tools and services – such as eReferral, eConsult, Virtual Care, Online Appointment Booking, Patient Forms, Tools for Electronic Medical Records, and Automated Solutions – to better serve clinicians and patients across the province. We advocate for the continued and improved use of technology to enhance the connection and secure information-sharing between all clinicians in the patient’s circle of care, as well as communication between clinicians and their patients. We also support clinicians with tools that provide decision support at the point of care and improve data quality, leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
Our organization works with system partners, regional and provincial agencies, Ontario Health Teams, clinicians, and patients to support priorities that ensure equitable, seamless care for all residents in Ontario, and co-leads two provincial programs: the Ontario eServices Program and Evidence2Practice Ontario. Our founding vision is one of innovation and partnership, and our mission is to be the leading, trusted digital health partner for primary care and integrated patient care.
Here at the eHealth Centre of Excellence, we strive to cultivate a welcoming and collaborative work environment, where people are encouraged to share ideas and work together to turn them into real and tangible solutions that address the problems facing our healthcare system today. We are proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work and are a certified Living Wage Employer.
Reporting to the Vice President, People and Corporate Services, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of Human Resources across the eHealth Centre of Excellence. This role will support the achievement of our strategic vision and objectives, while also performing day-to-day human resources initiatives. With regular collaboration with eHealth Centre of Excellence Leadership, internal teams and external stakeholders, the Human Resources Manager will manage and refine recruitment, compensation, employee engagement, performance, human resources policies and practices, and provide oversight of day-to-day operations to ensure the success of human resources initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with eHealth Centre of Excellence Leadership in workforce planning and talent management to achieve long-term strategic goals
- Stay current on legislation changes, making updates to processes and policies when necessary to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Work with Leadership to determine resourcing needs across the organization, and ensure roles are staffed appropriately
- Provide direction and oversight to human resources team, providing guidance and support to promote their growth and development
- Develop and implement streamlined processes within the human resources department
- Partner with Leadership in identifying and finding solutions to staff conflicts and performance limitations, including performance management, conflict resolution, attendance management, return to work and progressive discipline, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Responsible for leading annual review process and leading discussion on individual and collective competency development
- Oversee semi-annual professional development and goal setting strategy for employees
- Together with Leadership team, write and update job postings, interview questions, and other recruitment documents
- Responsible for leading full-cycle recruitment, resulting in hiring decisions and recommendations
- Present offers of employment, negotiating contact terms as necessary
- Oversees onboarding of new staff, ensuring new hires receive proper orientation to the organization
- Responsible for the employee offboarding process
- Provide Leadership with regular updates on work progress
- Ensure HRIS, human resources files, organization chart, and all other documentation are up to date
- Prepare annual compensation proposal for executive approval
- Regularly review overall compensation strategy based on market and employee feedback
- Responsible for employee engagement and satisfaction initiatives, making recommendations to the Executive based on results
- Accountable for bi-weekly payroll, including remittances and expenses
- Administer employee benefits plan including annual renewal of benefit plan
- Member of Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Develop and maintain human resources handbook, policies, processes and procedures, ensuring consistency across programs
- Ensure job descriptions and evaluation framework are updated as needed and all positions are evaluated regularly, making recommendations for changes to framework as necessary
- Responds to feedback from staff and collaboratively works to improve the organization
- Approve employee and organizational expenses as appropriate
- Provide budget allocation for invoices and process payments as required
- Support monthly program budget meetings, responding to questions from Leadership team with regards to their budgets or program expenses
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years related human resources work experience, including demonstrated experience leading and managing human resources for an organization
- Not-for profit human resources leadership experience an asset
- Experience working in roles outside of the human resources function is an asset
- CHRP Designation; completion of or working towards CHRL designation an asset
- Strong understanding of relevant human resources and other legislation and their application
- Strong conflict resolution, facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to build consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, identify issues and respond with solutions
- Prior experience working effectively in a diverse and fluid working environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and build partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment, recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Experience with BambooHR or other HRIS an asset
Feel like you don’t meet all the requirements? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to learn the rest, we encourage you to reach out to us!
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
The eHealth Centre of Excellence team is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including, 2SLGBTQ-identified persons, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals, and members of Black and other racialized communities, and individuals who speak languages other than English.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert