Director Equity Diversity & Inclusion
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
- Toronto and Sault Ste Marie (Ontario)
- base + variable bonus, generous vacation days, health benefits and public service pension plan
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions
- Equity / Inclusion / Diversity
- Job Level
- AVP, Director
- Employment Type
- Full time
- Designations Required/Preferred
Director Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) who will be accountable for the OLG’s taking OLG’s EDI strategy to the next level, building on the successes to date . The new incumbent will partner with the President & CEO and the SVP, People & Culture to drive culture change and embed equity, diversity, and inclusion into every aspect of what we do and how we do it. In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, our new EDI leader will cultivate trust and relationship to build innovative solutions that strengthen EDI proficiencies across the organization.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the President & CEO and the SVP, People & Culture, you will be empowered to:
- Complete the development of and lead the implementation of OLG’s next multi-year EDI strategy that incorporates emerging/leading practices, OLG’s new Indigenous Relations strategy, drives continued culture change, solves business problems, aligns to OLG’s strategic priorities, and solidifies and continues to grow OLG as an employer where all employees feel safe, supported, valued, included, and a sense of belonging, acceptance.
- Partner with executive leadership to identify, adapt, adopt, and cascade an EDI lens for decision-making, acting as a thought partner with all levels of leadership, including OLG’s employee resource groups.
- Create systematic processes in collaboration with internal stakeholders to not only remove existing biases/barriers in policies, processes, and programs, but to build barrier-free going forward.
- Understand and apply to use current research data to support effective and sustainable EDI initiatives, both broadly and targeted relative to specific equity groups.
- Lead the development of an evaluation framework to assess the effectiveness of OLG’s EDI strategy, including census data and survey results.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 10+ years of overall related work experience with 5+ years of directly related EDI experience | Lived experience | Managing, developing and delivering new initiatives, launching training and communications across business lines or areas of work | Experience leading and management a team; experience leading and managing volunteers | Demonstrated track record in incorporating research data, industry trends, and emerging practices to drive change in pragmatic, sustainable, collaborative ways.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in diversity studies or a related discipline or equivalent experience or Traditional Indigenous Knowledge preferred.
Critical Skills: Courage to “speak truth to power”, respectfully, clearly, and with influence and persuasiveness | Strategic problem-solving skills with the ability to develop thoughtful and integrated business cases for EDI programs and initiatives | Ability to work collectively with broad cross-functional and diverse teams as a partner to achieve common goals | Positively represent the organization, internally and externally to ensure clarity in messaging, and encourage engagement and action | Ability to think creatively and strategically to bring forward innovative ideas that practically translate to relevant and sustainable initiatives, embedding EDI culture and building EDI proficiencies and engagement | Maintain strong working relationships with OLG leaders and key stakeholders, including third party organization leads and networks (e.g., Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion) | Project management, critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
Influence: ability to influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships; exceptional listening skills.
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what's right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and hybrid work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a an extensive transformation focusing on being customer focused and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including hybrid work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture and cornerstones of the Five Truths that OLGers Live by. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario. OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by March 19, 2023.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert